Dieter De Preester discussed on his blog (Talking about IoT) about IoT with a two parts tutorial that involves :
- M2Mqtt library as MQTT client running on a .Net Gadgeteer board that has an RGB led connected to it;
- HiveMQ as MQTT broker running on Microsoft Azure inside a Linux Ubuntu virtual machine;
- Android application that use MQTT Paho client to send messages to the board;
Using the application, he shows how we can change led color remotely from any part in the world.
You can find the two parts here :
- Multiplatform IoT prototype part 1 : Hosting HiveMQ on Microsoft Azure;
- Multiplatform IoT prototype part 2 : Android talking to the .Net Gadgeteer;